I've made some adjustments to the river painting I posted a while ago. I've changed the lightsource as per my mother-in-laws request. Now the sun is just off the right hand side of the painting and slightly higher in the sky rather than lower and behind the trees. This is more accurate to how it really is. However this required that I completely repaint the sky along with a good portion of the painting since the light changed on the trees and water too. It's coming along but I still have some changes I need to make. I need to rework the trees (particularly along the shore) and make them more willow-like. I'm pleased with the lighting and color for the most part, it's just down to details at this point......I think.